Image Map

Sunday, August 18, 2013

A Peek at Last Week: Fudge-a-Mania

Well the students and I managed our first FULL week of school. Yes! It was another great week at TCE! I want to highlight a great book we have been reading: Fudge-a-Mania.

We are loving it! We just finished Chapter 5 on Friday. We discussed how safety rules relate to Chapter 5 in Fudge-a-Mania. My students were shocked about how Fudge left the house without his parent's permission. Our discussion led us to making mini posters on the importance of safety rules. Each student had to have a title, illustration, and sentence description. They had fun choosing their own safety rule that they thought was important for Fudge to know and everyone in class to know. Ideas included:
No Texting and Driving
Must Have an ID to Get on Post
Stop at Stop Signs
Don't Talk to Strangers
and Many More!

After we finished our posters, we again discussed the importance of safety rules and how could have Fudge made better decisions when it came to safety. Check out our learning...

 
 
Also, last week was pretty great for me because my circus themed door sign came in. I just love it. I got it off of the Etsy store MustLoveArt. MustLoveArt has some of the cutest burlap signs. Well...that's a peek at last week.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...